Monday, September 7, 2015

Little lady gloves

After seeing her (long-lasting) glee upon opening the Snow White gloves I made for her birthday last year, when S's birthday rolled around this summer I knew I had to make another set.


Given how fast toddlers grow, I made these quite a bit bigger than last year's and went from using solid cream to incorporating her two favorite colors—lavender and pink.

They fit her just right (with a little wiggle room) and coincidentally match the jewelry my mom made as a birthday present for her. She's never met S, but given how much time we spend with her and the many stories and pictures we've shared, my mom feels like she has, and knew just the type of bauble to make that would thrill a little girl.

(My level of craftiness doesn't even begin to compare to my mom's, as she knits (full-on outfits, not just accessories like me), crochets, embroiders, cross-stiches, sews (including her own wedding dress, bedding, and many of the things my brother and I wore as children, and that I wore as an adult), reupholsters, and makes and sells Murano glass and Swarovski crystal jewelry, among other things. I've got a way to go before I catch up!)

Leave a note (comments)
Subscribe via e-mail
Follow along on Instagram and via Bloglovin', RSS or Feedly

One year ago: After 9 years, 9 days in southern Spain
Two years ago: Bittersweet & Waltzing waterfront walks

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a note!

XOXO,
J.