Friday, April 24, 2015

Cowled city cape


Purl Soho City Cape  |  Cowled city cape on afeathery*nest  |  http://afeatherynest.com

Just in case I needed any more proof that large-scale knitting projects aren't for me, this fairly easy-to-knit City Cape from Purl Soho, which I started in November just before I left for NYC, took me until last week to finish. Six months is a bit of an exaggeration, especially since 90% of that time this poor in-progress-knit was left wrapped in a silk bag, but, luckily, it ended up coming together quite well.

After months and months and months of creamy knits, it was so nice to dig into a new project with this fresh emerald green (but clearly not so fun that I kept to my usual nightly'ish knitting marathons). And the 10 teensy hanks of Cascade Yarns Cash Vero that was being discontinued just as I placed my last yarn order before moving to Sweden was exactly enough to finish this cape.

Purl Soho City Cape  |  Cowled city cape on afeathery*nest  |  http://afeatherynest.com
Although, I did panic halfway through thinking I wouldn't have enough, which means I made it slightly shorter than the pattern called for as I planned to make the collar a cowl instead of the pattern's turtleneck finish, which would require more yarn (fellow knitters, see my modifications here). Besides being a bit shorter than I would have liked, I also didn't overlap the front halves enough before binding them together under the cowl, so it gapes open a tad more more than I would have liked, but, I still love it, especially the completely unintentional bell flare at the back.

Now that I've gotten it out of my system, though, I think I'll go back to my little bitty knits—the fairly instant gratification is too addictive to give up.

Leave a note (comments)
Subscribe via e-mail
Follow along on Instagram and via Bloglovin', RSS or Feedly

One year ago: An island unto myself & Postcard from Tropea
Two years ago: Waking from a deep sleep & Mamela & Fresh and springy knit napkins

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a note!

XOXO,
J.