Friday, October 31, 2014

Tangled up in cream

Purl Soho's Petite Popover |  Tangled up in cream on afeathery*nest  |  http://afeatherynest.com

When I heard that one of R's Swedish cousins was expecting a baby I (naturally) wanted to knit up something cozy for his or hers early winter arrival. Since Purl Soho always has such sweet things I checked their patterns first and this Petite Popover popped out at me immediately—I couldn't get over its adorableness (prodded on by the baby modeling it who's all chubby cheeks and wide, wondering eyes). Plus, it looked easy enough to knit without being too boring or ho-hum. I added a matching pair of booties to round out the set and now fingers crossed that this little popover (or, dickie) will fit!

Purl Soho's Petite Popover |  Tangled up in cream on afeathery*nest  |  http://afeatherynest.com

And since I was so smitten with Selina's little lady mittens I made a longer one for myself, sans the ribbed cuffs and flower embellishment and plus a little thumb wrap, based on Purl Soho's Seed Stitch Hand Warmers. Just the thing for the proper autumn we're having in Stockholm.

Purl Soho's Seed Stitch Hand Warmers  |  Tangled up in cream on afeathery*nest  |  http://afeatherynest.com

But now after all these months of knitting from my stash of creamy yarn (the only hue I brought over with me in my suitcases in the hope that no matter what I felt like making, cream would work), I hope never to see non-saturated skeins again.

(Or at least for a good long while because seven months of monochromatic handcrafts is just way too many months ).

One year ago: A toast to changes

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a note!

XOXO,
J.