Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Gloomy gray Stockholm

Hammarby Sjöstad  |  Gloomy gray Stockholm on afeathery*nest  |  http://afeatherynest.com

Thank goodness for Sweden's penchant for bright paint—without it, these sunless autumn days would be a little less bearable. The skies outside match my mood quite well, though, so perhaps a sunny day would be even more unbearable. I'm a bit rumpled in spirit at the moment because I finished SFI last week (more on that later), and I can't yet start a new course so right now my days are a little empty and echo-y.

I'm also not working (yet), so you'd think that with all the hours I suddenly have on my hands I'd fill my time with studying on my own, baking all manner of good things, cooking multi-course dinners, getting out and seeing / doing things, finally writing the last Spanish posts (only a few more left, I promise!) or doing something else productive.

You'd think.

Instead I seem to be bent on re-watching Gilmore Girls, reading through the archives of other people's blogs, burning through an insane amount of 30-count boxes of candles, and knitting, ripping out, and re-knitting the same thing over and over again because I can't seem to make it look the way I want it to look.

And while I have a whole new slew of books to read, they're all of the e-book sort, and much as I love the variety and ease of being able to download any manner of book I want, it's not quite as comfy to cuddle up with a tablet, so they've been languishing, too. I also may have overdosed on my historical fiction / women rulers genre, so if you have any good recommendations please send them my way and maybe I'll knit my tablet a little cover to cozy up its cuddling abilities.

I have made it out for a few gloomy little bicycle rides though, so there's that (and these pictures), at least.

Hammarby Sjöstad  |  Gloomy gray Stockholm on afeathery*nest  |  http://afeatherynest.com
View to Stockholm city from Söder Mälarstrand  |  Gloomy gray Stockholm on afeathery*nest  |  http://afeatherynest.com
View to Stockholm city and Stadhuset from Söder Mälarstrand  |  Gloomy gray Stockholm on afeathery*nest  |  http://afeatherynest.com
Finnboda Hamn, Nacka  |  Gloomy gray Stockholm on afeathery*nest  |  http://afeatherynest.com

One year ago: Autumnal oil concoction

2 comments :

  1. As soon as I saw the pictures, before I read your post, I said to myself "thank goodness they have colorful buildings". For real. Enjoy your free time my love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will probably appreciate them even more when/if the snow comes!

    Thanks, M_ _ _ _ a 😊

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a note!

XOXO,
J.