Thursday, March 13, 2014

An amuse-bouche, theoretically

A few weeks ago I started working on a new knitted piece—my hope was to finish and block a fresh springy cardigan for myself before we moved. It was to be a necessary palate cleanser after my last failure of a project, but alas, I learned something valuable:

+ I do not like endless stockinette.
+ And, I do not do well with big projects.

Which is why last night I unwound the whole damn thing when all I had left to finish was one and a half sleeves. Typical J: if I don't love it wholly, it's not worth it (also: too proud to wear something that's not perfect).

One year ago: Monday meanders, 8

4 comments :

  1. i need to get on knitting once again. i was so occupied with my ecookbook, i havent had chance to do anything..finally i can breathe, read a good and get knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your e-cookbook, by the way!

      And yes agreed re: knitting :). I've started another (larger) set of table napkins to tide me over during move process.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a note!

XOXO,
J.